23 April, 2015

How I Start Babywearing

During pregnancy, I searched high and low every information that I can get for my baby. I want the best for her (I didn't know she was a she until she was born). I joined every group including Malaysian Babywearers. After reading a little bit information here there, so I thought I was ready to hunt for a carrier. Of course I search for most-affordable-no-dangling legs-carrier.

So DH & I went to a store looking for a carseat & I found a carrier and asked DH to tried it on. "Oh, this must be a good carrier, it worth more than a 100 myr, the legs wouldn't be dangling, DH tried it and said that it's comfy for him, so this is it". Yeay! Happily went home, checking facebook group. What! So I bought a hipseat & it's not recommended. So I just have to throw my most-affordable-no-dangling legs-carrier. Glad I did not buy a fake ergo.

I read and ask more so I won't repeat the same mistake and at the same time 'lecturing' husband too about it in hope I can get another one, this time the right one. Yes, only one. Only one.


So, I bought a ring from snuggbaby, a batik at mydin (cheapskate mom) and a woven wrap from Jumpsac. I don't want to invest in stretchy wrap since everyone says I can wear it only for a short time.


While other pregnant mom were busy practicing their birth technique, I was busy learning how to wrap using the only 4m fabric that I can get.


When my DD was 2 weeks old, I tried to carry her with the batik ring sling, she was 3+kg at that time. I hate that I can't thread the batik neatly. I was turned off on ring sling. So I tried the wrap. It was even harder, the wrap was too grippy (well at that time I didn't know this term). So I never tried after that...until one fine day.


My mom came to KL, I was still in confinement. Well, we went shopping & my DH was complaining how heavy our DD was. Shopping with my mom wasn't an hour or two, it was 3-4 hours, at least!! So I tried the wrap again, and this time I managed to carry my DD for 2-3 hours..


Well, that was how I start to babywearer and the rest is history.


In the picture was my first stash shot. 1 of the wraps went to a new home, another 1 went to local carrier maker. While the other 1, hmmm, I'm still thinking to keep or sell it. & I have 2 new addition into this. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment